Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday weigh in

I had a good long run yesterday, it was difficult in a good way. Here is the breakdown: first 10k was exactly on my 5:00 min/km pace. The second 10k, which is hilly, I maintained exactly the same pace. I was hungry, low on energy and only carried a measley 10 ozs of water with me for the whole run. (it was a water/honey mixture) So I knew the last 10k was going to be hard. Truthfully, it wasn't so bad. The only hard part was a brutal hill at the 25k mark. It's the hill I do my all my hill repeats on. It's kind of sadistic to put that in at the 25k mark of a long run... which probably says something about my personality, but let's not go there.
The total run was just over 30k and the last 10k, I brought the pace down to 4:51 /km. Not as fast as I thought, but I'm sure that hill really cut into my average pace.

Today is my rest day and I've already fixed the sink and walked the dog. I'm going to do a good 45 minutes of stretching, some upper body weight and some core work. A nice easy day.

Here are the stats for the first week of May:
Run: 73.5k
Bike: 185k
Spin: 1:15
Swim: 8k
Dryland: 1:30
Weight: 162
It was a good week. My body has adapted well to the 70k+ running weeks. My biking is ok, I'm defineately going to have to start logging more saddle time in the coming weeks. Any week I get 8k in the pool is good. So, like I said, a good week.

This Sunday, I have a 'B' race, so I won't be running as much and will be taking an extra rest day. I'll talk more about my plan for the Mississauga half marathon later in the week.

No comments: