Friday, May 26, 2006

TGIF pre swim update

Hey. A quick update before I hit the pool.

Since I found my legs, (re: Wednesday's post) yesterday I did manage to do two quality workouts. The first was a rather decent 13k run and the second workout was 2 hours of time trialing on the spinner.
I've really upped my spinning time this year compared to last year. I find coach Troy's spinerval dvd's to be great workouts and they help to pass the time. It's also a very focused bike effort with little downtime. That's the primary reason why I like it. The other tangible benefit is that there are no cars! It will be interesting to see if the extra time on the spinner will yield results.

Today I ran an easy 8.5k and soon I'll be off to the pool to log 3k or so. Tomorrow is looking sweet! So the plan is to get some serious riding in. I'm hoping my buddy Ian is home in Kitchener so I can do that 170k round trip.
Rumour has it that on Sunday Mr. Humidity is rearing it's ugly head. I really don't like the adjustment of having to workout in hot, humid weather. It'll take a few weeks to acclimatize. The plan for Sunday is a ~2hr run.

That's it for now, I'm off to the pool. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»