Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday weigh in

Just a quick update because bedtime is just around the corner. Last week was pretty much dedicated to recovery, there were no hard, intense workouts, no weights or hill running. The bad news is that I went for a long run today and my legs still have not recovered from last week's race. This is defineately something to be aware of this week.

Here is the mileage report:
Run: 40k
Bike: 140 km
Spin: 3.5 hrs
Swim: 7.3k
Weight: 161

It's looking like I'll need another 2 or 3 days for the legs to get back to 'normal', this is kind of ticking me off as I want to ratchet up the intensity, but I know better, so I won't. The last thing I need is an injury.

Workout wise, the weekend consisted of a nice 140k ride with Cliff, we got lots of quality saddle time. Notice, I'm not bitching about the crappy weather. :)
Sunday was a rest day and today was my long run, which was just over 23k. The legs complained after an hour into the long run. I had that deep tissue fatigue thing happening again. They have the nerve to complain after I gave them the day off yesterday. Sheesh.

1 comment:

Cliff said...

What bad weather? :)