Friday, May 19, 2006

Cheers!

I'm raising a glass to my buddy Ian who is off for what I'm sure is to be a wicked stag this weekend. Cheers Ian! For those with a worse memory than mine, Ian ran the Mississauga half with me last weekend.
So as Ian is getting primed for a weekend of debauchery, I'm slowly recovering from the race last weekend and getting ready for my Mom who is coming to visit us for a few days. (Hi, Mom!)

Today, I did an easy 11k run. I had originally planned 13k, but I can still feel deep tissue fatigue in my legs. Discretion got the better part of valour and I cut it 2k short.
They say that for every mile raced, you need a day of recovery. I frequently say screw conventional wisdom - if everyone was 'conventional', the world would be booooooring. However, intellectually I know that recovering is just as important as your 'hard' days, so I hereby swear not to ratchet up the intensity until fully recovered.

I also logged 3k in the pool this evening, the main set was a nice lactate acid producing 10X100m, with the first length butterfly. The good news is, each one came in on 1:15 or 1:16. Yay!

Have an excellent long weekend and as my good friend, Reddog, says.. Be Safe!

No comments: