Thursday, May 11, 2006

Totally time trial

Today was my last hard workout before Sunday's race and since it was raining cats and dogs, the workout was done on the spinner. I fired up coach Troy's Have Mercy 2.0 dvd and settled in for a hard two hours on the bike. At times, my legs screamed at me and when they complained, I turned it up another notch - just to shut them up. Sweat was pouring, I was huffing and the legs were screaming - my kind of workout.
I need to get a few of these types of workouts done, these are the ones that make you faster. My first 'A' race is a mere month away and I'd really like to see my average kph in the 38 range for that race. I need to gain as much time as possible after the swim and bike because I know I'll be passed on the run. :)

My short mini taper starts tomorrow. The plan is to do an easy run and an easy swim. I'll start horfing down the carbs and on Saturday I'll do a very short run with some stretching, then it's off to the races baby!

No comments: