Sunday, January 22, 2006

Another hurdle down

Coming to the decision to do another ironman was difficult, but once the decision is made, you have a million things to do before race day. For example: what to do with our dogs? get a dog-sitter? kenel them? research and find a place to stay, book time off work, Sally must get the same time too, how to pack bike? rent or buy a wetsuit? A couple more questions got answered today, my sister-in-law is coming up to dog-sit (who also had to confirm time off work) and we got our accomodations squared away - a nice B&B in Naramata. (about a 15 min drive to the race site) I guess the main point is that in order to do something like an Ironman, you really need a strong support crew - something that I'm lucky to have.

I capped off the end of week 3 with a 14k run this morning. It was a good ending to a good week of training. The first 3 weeks of training, I basically concentrated on running. My goal for the 4 th week is to 'rest' my running legs, add some spinning and maybe get to the pool once. I'm thinking 2 or 3 runs, 3.5hrs of spinning 2k swim and 2X30 minutes of weights.

No comments: