Saturday, January 07, 2006

First long run of the year.

The first of week of training went well. The trick is to go slow and repeat the mantra 'take it easy.' Today marked my first long run - a shade under 8km. I know it hardly qualifies as a long run, as in a few short months my long runs will be 30k+.. but it's a start. The body feels good and I'm not sore. All positive signs.

Here is my tentative racing schedule for 2006:
June 18. Muskoka. (2k swim, 55k bike and a 15k run) This will be my first race of the season and I'm also hoping to qualify for IronMan Canada.
June 25 Guelph (1.5k swim, 38k bike and a 10k run)
July 9 Peterborough (2k swim, 90k bike and 21k run) This race provides a second opportunity to qualify for IMC. If I qualify in Muskoka, I'll probably pass on this one.
Aug 6 Belwood (1k swim, 33k bike 7k run)
Aug 27 IronMan Canada in Penticton BC. (3.8k swim 180k bike and a 42k run)
Some things still have to fall in place in order for me to do IMC. However, I have spousal approval and as anyone who has done an IM knows - this is a huge. So hats off to Mrs. IronMan errr.. IronWoman, my wife, Sally.

No comments: