Wednesday, January 25, 2006

First Swim

Somtimes starting your workout is the hardest part. Ninety percent of the battle occurs just getting your ass out the door. Once you start, you are home free - there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.
Today was a 2 sport day. Something I've not done in awhile. So I got home from work, peeled of my work clothes, put on my running gear and was back out the door in 10 min. Ended up getting a chilly a 7k in. Came home, had some food and rested up for my first swim of the season.
My first swim in 6 months actually went well. Got 2300 meters in, which is just fine. My main set was a 5X200m on 3:30. Each one came in at 3:03, which is slow for me, but with a 6 month layoff I won't complain one bit.

2 comments:

Wicked said...

Yo D.....You know the hardest part is getting your ass out the door and I have to tell you that you make it that much easier to do reading through your blog! You know other people out there are doing it but to read about it every couple of days puts that extra bit of fire under my ass to just do it! Jan 27th today and I am now rgistered for both the Miss halfer for a warm up and the Scotia Full! Feeling great and starting to shed some winter insulation. Got my first 15k in for the year and my time is on track. This years goals are sub 1:30 and sub 3:15....would love to make the trip to Boston next year.....are you in?

Have an awesome training weekend! The weather looks to be mintactular!
E

Darren said...

You defineately get the wicked post of the month award! I shall be there for the Miss halfer and I can't wait to go balls out head to head versus the big E.
Careful on taking up too much mileage too soon bro, risk of injury goes up substantially and I don't want a repeat of last year!