Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The best things in life are free..

Yesterday I mentioned incorporating weights into my routine. This Friday I was planning on going to the local sports store to pick up a bench, as I need it to do my legs exercises. Well lo and behold while I was on the 'beat' (that's letter carrier lingo for our routes), I noticed a customer who had a weight bench sitting on their front porch. So I figure what the heck, I'll ask if they still want it. It can't hurt to ask, right? It turns out they didn't want it and were more than happy for me to cart it away. It just seems odd that I here I was yesterday talking about starting to incorporate weights in my routine, then the very thing I needed lands in my lap the next day. Must be karma. :)

Today, I ran 8k in what could be called 'blizzard conditions'. Ok it wasn't exactly a blizzard, but that snow was blowing pretty good and running into a 50km/h headwind really is fun. At least I kept telling myself that. Cheers.

No comments: