Friday, January 27, 2006

T.G.I.F.

Easily the best January.. ever! When the weather is this nice, it's difficult not to start over training. Got to keep reminding myself to reign it in, going too hard now could have disasterous consequences. Must give the body time to adapt to the world of hurt I'll be applying to it in a few short months. :)

Yesterday, was a spin/weights day. I did 1hr 15min on the trainer followed by a weight/stretch session. After reading an article by Ken Mierke, I've adapted a different philosophy for weight training. Basically it boils down to doing one intense set of high weight of 5 or 6 s-l-o-w repetitions. If you want to read a much more detailed explanation, his post is here.

Today was sunny and +4, I ask you, how could you NOT run on a day like this? I did a 9ker followed by a good stretch and threw in a couple of sets of push ups and situps for good measure.

On tap for the weekend, spin 1.5 hrs on Sat and Sunday will be a 14k-ish long run. Have a GREAT weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr Darren, The post of your weekend training routine inspired me enough to get my but off the couch and do a 10 miler ...thanks Dude...Ian

Darren said...

Doing 10 milers in January just goes to prove you aren't lazy. Let's hook up and go for run sometime!