Wednesday, March 08, 2006

200 laps..

Yet another great day. I must be turning into one of those googly-eyed "isn't today wonderful?" freaks. Either that, or I've developed an addiction to endorphins. Bit of a segway here... I was reading an article on happiness, the bottom line is, generally, we are just too lazy to be happy. BOGGLE. It takes a bit effort to be happy and since it's human nature to do things the easy way, happiness continues elude us.
Here's a couple of tricks that work for me. 1) Before I get out of bed, I take 2 minutes to get into the 'zone'. A couple deep breaths and some positive thoughts - might as well start the day right. 2) isolate the negativity. We all have 'em - the 'downer' guy at work, the complainer, the 'why does everything always happen to me?' person etc... Isolate them. Ok, I'm talking mentally put a block up, say something positive and move on. If you hang around the negative long enough - you will become so. If you see yourself as a negative person, do yourself a favour and change. It will take effort, but no one will do it for you.
Ok, I'm off the soap box. Back to the topic. Training today was great. I did a 7.5 k easy run. My second session was an endurance swim set of 10X400m on 6:30. Each one was under 6 min, the last one was a 5:40. Also, that's with 30 seconds less rest than last week. Since I'm only swimming once a week, I'm very happy with that. I rounded out my swim session with 800m of drill work and a 200 cool down. Total 5000m, or 200 laps. It's been awhile since I've logged 5k in the pool in one sesssion. A good swim session indeed. Cheers.

No comments: