Friday, March 03, 2006

"You're crazy"

Oh man what a wicked sleep last night. It's funny how a good sleep sets up the next day so damned fine. Today was a scheduled 'easy' day, it's tough to go easy when all you want to do is cut loose. Many age groupers make the mistake of going too hard on their easy days and not hard enough on their hard days. I've been known to make that mistake on the odd occasion too.
So I go for an 8k run, mainly just focusing on form and doing some cadence drills.. no biggie. I pass a smoker who's relegated to the porch, she's freezing but needs her fix. Her expression was as plain as day.. "you're crazy". The funny thing is, the expression on my face was undoubtedly the same.
The weekend is looking mint. Sunny with daytime highs around zero. I'm actually looking forward to my long run. Damn, it's not very often I say that! I'm telling you spring is around the corner.
Saturday I've got 2.5 hours scheduled on the trainer. Sunday is a 24k long run. Stay tuned for the weekend update. Cheers.

No comments: