Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Training camp is well underway

Wow, did I score a good week of vacation. The weather is awesome. Actually did my run in shorts today, yea spring fever, bring it on!

For the rest of the week, each day, I'm doing two seperate workouts. One in the a.m. and one in the p.m. So for today I did a 2 hour aerobic workout on the bike as my a.m. workout. My p.m. workout was a 10.5k run in which I hit the hills. I did 5 hill repeats, each one coming in between 90-92 seconds. It's a long, tough journey in becoming a runner, but I know I'm making progress. I wasn't able to consistently hold 90 second hill climbs last year - so I'm improving. I just wish running improvement wasn't so slow! I'm secretly jealous of natural runners, I realize that I'm going to have fight for every little improvement in my run times. The good news is I've only been doing this serious for 3 years, so after 5 or 6 years I might actually be fast. Mind you, I'll be over the hill then, so it will probably be a wash. :) Seriously, if Ed Whitlock can run sub 3 hour marathons at age 72, I know I'll be coax some extra speed out these legs for some time to come. Ya see? Inspiration is everywhere.

After my run workout I did my Tuesday weight routine. So all goals for the day are met and my legs are tired, but not too tired, which again is part of the plan. I know they will be plenty tired by Sunday. Cheers!

1 comment:

Cliff said...

He run a sub 3 and he is 72?? :O.

Geez, I guess there is no excuse for me too huH? :)