Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Trivial complaints

I overheard this awhile ago. Here's the situation: someone is complaining about a rather trivial thing, the person he was whining to said: "you think that's a problem? Cancer is a problem! Now go deal with it."
I love the line and frequently think about it. It came across my mind as I was running into 70km/hr gusts of wind today. This is no biggie, just deal with it. And so I did. End result: 14km. Booyah.
I ran a little farther today to help make up for my missed run yesterday. However, I don't think I ate enough between sessions, because my swim was a tough slog. I sorta mini-bonked. :) I did manage 3500 meters in the pool, which is better than nothing.
Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy Dude,interesting that you felt a mini bonk today,I was suffering slight dead leg syndrome during an easy 10km run. My time was ok but the legs felt asleep.Me thinks maybe it's the increase in mileage?!?Or maybe it's just old age ...Happy Trails,Ian