Thursday, March 23, 2006

Run... down

Still feeling a little too tired for comfort. I've been going over the last 12 weeks of training and I'm pretty happy with where I'm currently at. However, it's obvious I need some extra recovery time. It's the smart thing to do, after all, it's the recovery phase that makes us stronger.
For today, I only did one workout which was a 10k run with a 2k tempo run sandwiched in the middle. The tempo part was at my usual tempo speed of 4:00/km. The body can still go through the motions ok, but I'm still feeling the need for extra rest. I did not spin or do any weights today. However, I was able to finish a good book while listening to some Pink Floyd, which in itself is pretty damned good therapy.
Tomorrow I'm going to spend the day off my legs - with the exception of the 11k I walk at work. :) Workout wise, the plan is to do some swimming or do a stretch/core session.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, run down... No doubt!

Had a good week for me. Did a 6k the other day sandwiched between couple of days of aerobics and spinning including a spinervales muscle break down DVD that arrived.

Can't hold a candle to you though, you ROCK! Even if it is to P Floyd ;)

Reddog

Darren said...

ArOOOooooOO!
I'm glad your back at it bro!
The I-guy said he's doing a tri this year, now I just have to get you 2 past the "saying" phase to the actual "sign-up" phase..
We'll ja soon,
D