Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Get shorty

Had a restless sleep last night. Occasionally this happens and it seems to correlate with large amounts of aerobic training. It's like the metabolism gets cranked up for repairs and the result is a tossy turney night. Not sure if this signifies anything of importance, but I'm going to do some research into it.

Today's a.m. consisted of a 17k run. It's really enjoyable to be in shorts in March and running in the morning sun. It's good for the soul. This is my mid week longish run and I could feel my legs as they were still tired from yesterday's hill work. However, I was able to maintain a good steady easy pace for the duration.
Afterwards, I ate 2nd breakfast, did some chores around the house, grabbed a nap, ate 1st lunch, had a snack and got ready for my p.m. session. The p.m. session was a long swim of 4900m and the majority of it felt pretty good. Here's the breakdown:
warmup 1000m
6X400 on 6:15. Each one came in at 5:45 to 5:50
5X 200 on 3:15. Each one was about 2:45.
4X 100 on 1:45. Each one came in on 1:20.
100 warm down.
Overall, a great day and all goals were met. Cheers.

No comments: