Saturday, March 25, 2006

A 3 hour tour..

Just doing a little procrastinating before my 3 hour spin session this morning.. Here is the news in order of importance:
1) I'm on vacation. :)
2) Training camp begins
3) My easy week worked. I'm recovered.
Before I expand on the news, I'll tell you what I did yesterday. Friday, I kept my promise and stayed off my legs. I did 3000m at the pool, which involved some I.M. work. (meaning I was swimming all 4 strokes: butterfly, back, breast and free). That was fun as it was nice to mix things up a little bit.

Yes, I'm on vacation and yes I'll be training hard for the week. "You are taking a week off work to train?" Yes, I am. Ok now that we got that out of the way, here is the plan:
Training camp officially begins Monday, which although it is a 'rest day', I will be doing 1 hour of light spinning followed by a good stretch session and core work. This will set me up for the rest of the week. Here are the goals:
Run: ~ 75k
Spin: 10 hrs
Swim: 7500 m
A considerable spike in mileage, but defineatly doable. I may have to follow up training camp with back to back rest days. :)

Back to the present, in a few minutes I'm going to hop on my trainer for 3 hours and watch Return of the King. Sunday, I have a ~17k run planned. Sunday marks the official end of base training. A milestone of sorts. The next 12 week block will feature more hill work and tempo runs.
Ok enough procrastinating, I'm going on a 3 hour tour ... a 3 hour tour.. (everyone sing along).

No comments: