Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Terrific Tuesday

Terrific Tuesday indeed. As I've said before, the day after a rest day can be tough, not in the sense as difficult, I mean tough in the sense: "I want to go out hard, but I shouldn't go out too hard, or I'll blow my legs out for tomorrow's workout." So here is what I did today: Run: 9.5k. It consisted of 3 hill repeats (1:40, 1:36, 1:33), I felt great so I picked up the pace on the way home, but tried not to go too hard. (2.5k @ 4:20/km)
Later, I did 1.5 hrs of spinning. It was a solid 90 minutes of aero time, spinning at 90 rpm in a slightly more difficult gear than normal. It felt great. Afterward I did a quick 30 minutes of weights. A very solid Tuesday indeed. :)

Lastly, I'd to wish a very happy birthday to my support crew. My beautiful wife is celebrating today and I certainly could not commit to serious Ironman training if it wasn't for her. Happy Birthday sweetie!

No comments: