Sunday, March 12, 2006

Weekend update

Hmm... where to begin? I guess chronologically is the best way to go. As mentioned on Friday, I got my dvd exchanged no problem and was up and spinning by 11am. I decided against doing an outdoor ride - the weather was amazing but the roads were still a little ooky. So I did a solid 3 hrs on the trainer. Now is the time for my favorite epic movies - The Lord of the Rings trilogy, extended versions, of course. The whole session was dedicated to being aero and maintaining a 90+ cadence all while watching The Fellowship of the Ring. I even cranked a tougher gear for the last 30 min, just for the heck of it. Solid.
For today, the only thing on tap was my long run. I woke up and immediately felt a slight twinge in my knee. Great. I notice as my running mileage starts to creep up, my right I.T. band can act up. So I message it (ouch!) and gave it a good stretching and in the end the run went great. The first half was at my regular long run pace of 5 min/km and I brought the second half of the run down to 4:49/km. Negative split. That's the shizzle.
Lastly, I'm currently bikeless! I'm getting fitted on my new ride on Tuesday, so it's just a temporary thing. A good friend of mine came over this afternoon, intent on "checking my bike out" and ended up walking away with it. So I'm kinda sad of letting my old ride go - we went through alot togethor, but I'm defineately pumped about getting new wheels!

No comments: