Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I'm glad this week is an easy week. I've been extra tired and the body is telling me to chill out. So instead of doing something stupid and ignoring it, I'm doing the smart thing and taking it easy. The body is always telling you stuff, it's up to us to listen to it.
I notice I've not posted my workouts for the last few days, so here's an update. Monday - off. Just did stretching and core work. Tues: easy 7.5k run, 1 hour on the spinner doing drills and 30 minutes of weights. Today: swim 4500 meters. I met another triathlete at the pool today, which is always nice. We got yacking about races, so the last 10 minutes of pool time was spent talking instead of swimming. Hey, I did say it's an easy week.. :) We were talking about how addicting triathlon can be and frequently encourage our friend to go out and "just try one." I've seen it frequently when a person tries one and before you know it, they want to try it again or want to go faster. I suppose it's the same in most sports and I guess the bottom line is go get off your ass and do something. We're only the planet once and our time might be up tomorrow - so live in the now and just giver. I never heard of anyone on their deathbed wishing they worked more.
Ooops, went off on a tangent again. Oh well, it's my blog, I suppose I can do that. :) Cheers!

No comments: