Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday weigh in

As of yesterday, I have 5 months until Ironman Canada, it also marked the official end to base training. Being as it was the last day of a recovery week, I celebrated by doin a short long run of 18.5k. The first half I did at my regular pace of 5:00/km and for the second half I went progessively faster, coming in at 4:36/km.
Here are the stats for week number 12:
Run: 36km
Spin: 4 hrs
Swim 7,500m
Dryland: 1:30
Weight: 164
Recovery week did what it was exactly meant to do, leave me well rested and ready to tackle training camp, which officially begins today. The beautiful thing is Monday is a designated rest day, so I'll be starting training camp nice and slow. The only thing I'm doing today is an easy 1 hour spin followed by a 45 minute stretch/core session. Tomorrow is when the real fun starts.

No comments: